Join us for the 48th Annual John Donald Robb Composers' Symposium from March 25-31. From March 28-31, Symposium is pleased to be hosting the Society of Composers 2019 National Conference.
Enjoy free concerts and events throughout the day.
This year's guest artists include the Arditti Quartet, Sound Icon, Emanuele Arciuli, Ingela Onstad, Chatter, and the New Mexico Contemporary Ensemble (NMCE).
We are especially pleased to work with UNM Art Museum this year. Raymond Jonson's image that was used for the poster art, will be on exhibit and there will be a small informal presentation following the Saturday, March 30 1 p.m. concert (ca. 2:15 p.m.).
Except where specified, all concerts will be held in Keller Hall in the Center for the Arts, University of New Mexico.
Program Booklets with schedules, composers, and performers:
48th Annual John Donald Robb Composers' Symposium Program Booklet
2019 SCI National Conference Program Booklet
- Monday, March 25 at 7:30 p.m. JD Robb Composers' Symposium:- a concert featuring a world premiere by Falko Steinbach as well as a work by Josh Aguiar, the 2019 Wilkinson Student Composition Winner
- Tuesday, March 26 at 11:00 a.m. JD Robb Composers' Symposium: Music Appreciation Concert with a work by Lauren Coons performed by NMCE, at 7:30 p.m. - the Arditti Quartet performs works by UNM composers
- Wednesday, March 27 at 6:00 p.m. JD Robb Composers' Symposium: The Arditti Quartet presents Music of the Americas
- Thursday, March 28 at 9:30 a.m. JD Robb Composers' Symposium: Lecture Concert with New Music New Mexico (NMNM).
2019 SCI National Conference (Society of Composers, Inc.) - March 28-31, 2019
- Thursday, March 28 - SCI Conference - free concerts at 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 29 - SCI Conference - free concerts at 1:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. (this concert is in the Outpost Performance Space and is free and open)
- Saturday, March 30 - SCI Conference - free concerts at 1:00 p.m. (UNM Art Museum Gallery), 4:00 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. (featuring Sound Icon)
- Sunday, March 31 - SCI Conference - ticketed concert at 10:30 a.m. with Chatter at Las Puertas, 4:00 p.m. concert
Sunday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m. JD Robb Composers' Symposium: Robb Concert including Robb Commission by Kyong Mee Choi, electronic pieces by JD Robb arranged by Micah Hood, and music by Steven Diaz, commissioned by Drs. Kim Fredenburgh and Kevin Vigneau that was just premiered by the artists in Granada. This concert is followed by a reception.